Teaser Tuesday 3.30.10

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share a couple of “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
Isalys's Teaser:
"He wanted to make this one kiss they would remember forever. He slid his arm around her waist and lifted her until most of her weight settled over him. She lowered her lips to his, but just as the soft warmth of her breath fluttered across his lips, her eyes opened in shock and she was yanked off him.

Kate cried out.

As Garrett surged up, he saw the blunt edge of a cudgel an instant before it slammed down over the scar on his forehead. Agony rocketed through his skull. And then there was nothing."

~ p. 78 from "A Touch of Scandal" by Jennifer Haymore

Note: Sorry guys, I just couldn't condense this scene down to two sentences. But if any of you read the prequel, "Hint of Wicked" then you know that the shit is about to hit the fan!!


Vanessa's Teaser:
"They were nose to nose, and mouth to mouth. Violet was intrigued by this side of him... the confident, no-nonsense side, refusing to take no for an answer. She leaned forward and sighed as her lips barely brushed against his."

~ p. 222 from "The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting

29 comments:

  1. I'm also reading A Touch of Scandal. Great teaser. I plan on starting mine during lunch. Awesome, hopefully I'll be able to make it to B&N tomorrow and we can discuss.

    The Body Finder - why don't I own this yet? Makes note to buy it tomorrow.

    ♥Nely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 'The Body Finder', really need to get to it soon! Here's my TT and Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read The Bodyfinder.

    I can't wait to hear what you think of A Touch of Scandal!

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser :)

    -Jess.
    (Find the Time to Read)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both awesome teasers!! Thanks for stopping by to read mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! Now I have to read A Touch of Scandal, and the prequel!! What a great teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH Isa that sounds so good!!!!!!!!! I want to read it

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Body Finder is a must read! Bump it up on your TBR :)

    I ♥ it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers! I was expecting them both to be romantic--it gave me quite a start when the cudgel appeared!

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read A Touch of Scandal already.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers ladies! I want to read both! EEk! I'm pretty sure I have A Hint of Wicked somewhere, but can't remember, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual ladies, great teasers. Most of the time, I can tell what book belongs to who. :P

    I hope that you both enjoy your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha...I suppose we are a bit predictable.

    Although it might be fun to have people guess who is reading what :)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teasers! I can’t wait to read The Body Finder.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Touch Of Scandal sounds good! Great teasers.
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent choice in Tough of Scandal. I really rejoyed that novel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been meaning to read both of these books! Great teasers! I couldn't help put post several quotes from Nightlight. I felt one just wouldn't do the book justice. Lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both great teasers! The Body Finder looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't imagine having a kiss that I'd remember forever unless it was a really bad one. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great teasers!

    thanks for visiting my TT

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Love the A Touch of Scandal teaser. I really enjoyed that book and I really need to get my hands on The Body Finder!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving those teasers! My tbr just grows and grows because of this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very interesting teasers! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh! Interesting teasers! Here's mine: http://lovereadingx.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesday-13.html ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two GREAT teasers! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great teasers! I'm dying to read the Body Finder! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I still can't afford to go to B & N! Enjoy! Nice teasers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs The Artists' Faeries Lovely Papers by Lorie Davison